Lyrics to Wedding Dress By:Derek Webb Current mood: indescribable Category: Music
Ok so these are the lyrics to the christian song that is on my profile on myspace(link below). I ripped this song from a friend of mine's myspace, but I liked it so much I had to find the lyrics. So here they are, pay careful attention and find the message.
God Bless!
~D
If you could love me as a wife
and for my wedding gift, your life
Should that be all I'd ever need
or is there more I'm looking for
and should I read between the lines
and look for blessings in disguise
To make me handsome, rich, and wise
Is that really what you want
Chorus:I am a whore I do confess
But I put you on just like a wedding dress and I run down the aisle
I run down the aisle
I'm a prodigal with no way home
but I put you on just like a ring of gold
and I run down the aisle to you
So could you love this bastard child
Though I dont trust you to provide
With one hand in a pot of gold
and with the other in your side
I am so easily satisfied
by the call of lovers so less wild
That I would take a little cash
Over your very flesh and blood
Because money cannot buy
a husbands jealous eye
When you have knowingly deceived his wife
I am that whore I do confess
But I put you on just like a wedding dress
and I run down the aisle
I run down the aisle
I'm a prodigal with no way home
but I put you on just like a ring of gold
and I run down the aisle to you
I*edit* I just wanted to point out in reference to money, that I have so been able to identify lately with that part of the song. It seems that people are always out to get more money, and would sell their soul to be rich. I am realizing how easy it would be to compromise my faith and beliefs these days because I am struggling right now financially. How easy it would be to toss my faith aside and do something immoral to make a quick buck, but instead I have been living on faith, and thank God, He has provided. "That which does not break you only makes you stronger."
1 Corinthians 1:25"For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength."
Currently listening: She Must and Shall Go FreeBy Derek WebbRelease date: By 25 March, 2003
1 comment:
Who is this? Ironic I haven’t been here in so long but the quarantine is starting to stir an urge to write again.
Post a Comment