Tuesday, September 27, 2005

"Our feet must've shrunk two sizes before we were done!"

So I was reminiscing about my childhood today. Some kids were writing sentences in lunch detention and I thought back when I was in about 1st grade. My mother, sister and I lived in the apartments on Edmond near where Clicks is now. My mom would walk with us to Woolco(like Walmart) to go shopping. One day, Dana and I walked over there by ourselves. I was probably about 7 and Dana was about 5. We got in so much trouble. My mom made us write sentences forever. Dana was barely able to even write then, but she had to do it!
Then there was the time at same said apartments that we were supposed to go to our grandma's house(which we loved). But we got caught up playing in the back parking lot on a giant pile of asphalt freshly mixed with tar! My mother was furious, at least we thought so. She was probably laughing her head off in the next room. She told us we wouldn't go to grandma's until we got our feet clean. We were in the tub for two hours! Our feet probably shrunk two sizes before we were through!
Lastly, we were living in some different apartments this time, Dana and I got up VERY early one Sunday morning and decided to go play. Our station wagon was unlocked so we climbed in and proceded to pretend to drive. Remember this is an apartment parking lot. We layed on the horn several times, having the time of our lives. An angry neighbor came out yelling and knocking on our windows. We had the doors locked, but we were scared to death! He told us to stop or he was going to call the police. When we were sure he was gone we sneaked back up to our apartment and told our mom about this rude stranger. Needless to say, we regretted confessing that crime. Why did we always get in trouble, we were just playing? Oh, the good old days.
Love, Me

No comments: